Whether you’re looking to keep warm or keep time, our Gear picks for 2016 have run a wide gamut of products that will help you enjoy the outdoors year-round.
Alaska staff members pick the stuff they like best from 2016
Bjorn Dihle, gear editor
1. Sitka Gear’s Core Heavyweight Hoody (October). This base layer has proved itself time and again from wet and windy Southeast to the icy expanse of Interior Alaska. With built-in mittens, a face mask, and moisture-wicking fleece, this garment is perfect for chilly hunting trips and other outdoor adventures.
2. Fishpond Westwater Roll-Top backpack (May)
3. Arc’teryx Lithic gloves (March)
4. Suunto Traverse watch (September)
5. Smith Outlier XL sunglasses (April)