- Written by Matt and Agnes Hage
Running through the night on the trail of ’98
If it weren’t for the unusually large number of fit out-of-towners crowding every table in the Skagway Brewing Co., you’d have no clue that more than a thousand runners were just an hour away from starting the annual Klondike Trail of ’98 International Road Relay—a 110-mile running race along the Klondike Highway that climbs over White Pass.
- Written by Alaska Magazine
Purchase a gift subscription to Alaska magazine this holiday season and receive a free 2014 Alaska magazine calendar! Subscribe today for spectacular full-color photography of wildlife and scenery from a land beyond compare. For just $18.00 you will receive 10 issues filled with articles from award winning writers, features on Alaskan history, culture, and lifestyles, expert guidance on hunting, fishing, and traveling, and opportunities to win a dream vacation to the Last Frontier!
Bring the beauty of Alaska to your friends and family's doorstep. Click here to purchase today, or call 1-800-288-5892 for more information. All orders must be placed by 12/31/2013.
Skiers from Alaska Pacific University get in some distance training at Hatcher Pass, which is located in the Talkeetna Mountains, northwest of Palmer.
- Toiling on the Alcan, back in the day
- A map of the real Alaska
- Winter Hiking
- I’ve never gone hiking in Alaska! What should I bring?
- Alaska pink salmon fishing features quantity, quality across Last Frontier
- My Alaska First - Sockeye Salmon Run
- Featured Table of Contents
- Forget Me Knot
- Grand Prize Winner of Alaska Magazine's Fishing Contest Announced