Manley Hot Springs is located at the end of the Elliott Highway, 152 miles northwest of Fairbanks.
Frank Manley built the 4-story Resort Hotel here in 1907. In 1913, the hotel burned down. By 1950, the population was down to 29 as mining waned. The settlement’s name was changed to Manley Hot Springs in 1957.
Today, Manley Hot Springs is a quiet settlement with gardening, hunting and fishing helping to sustain many residents. The post office, gas station and grocery are at the trading post. Meals, a bar and overnight accommodations are available at the Manley Roadhouse.
Manley Roadhouse dates back to 1903, and is one of Alaska’s oldest original roadhouses from the gold rush era. Picnic area, playground and tent camping at park on the slough across from Manley Roadhouse.